|This is all you need + plain yogurt. (I was not getting it all out again for a new pic.)|
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking spice
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large-ish or 3 small-ish apples, peeled and chopped
- 6-8 soft caramels, chopped
Preheat oven to 400.
Wisk together the dry ingredients.
In another bowl, wisk the eggs, applesauce, & yogurt.
Mix it all together with the apples until blended.
Fill muffin cups 1/2 way. Sprinkle caramel pieces, and then fill the cups the rest of the way. (Makes 12)
Bake for 15 min (until a toothpick comes out clean).
While they are baking, prepare the frosting.
You will need
- 8 oz. of softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- food coloring
- chopped nuts
- craft sticks
Mix cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a mixer. Add food coloring to achieve a caramel color.
|I played with yellow, red, and bit of blue.|
Frost each muffin, coat the edge with chopped nuts, and push a craft stick into the center.